On a recent Monday evening Charles Krauthammer talked frankly and unemotionally to a small group of people at the Center for the American Experiment. For those of you who have followed Mr. Krauthammer’s intellectual and writing abilities over the years, will especially appreciate the gravity of his comments. The man is a profoundly gifted reporter of things the way they are!
The following notes were taken by a member of this audience:
“1. Obama has a ruthless quest for power. He did not come to Washington to make something out of himself, but rather to change everything, including dismantling capitalism. He can’t be strightforward on his ambitions, as the public would not go along. He has a heavy hand, and wants to ‘level the playing field’ with income distribution and punishment to the achievers of society.
2. His three main goals are to control Energy, Public Education, and National Health Care by the federal government. He doesn’t care about the auto or financial services industries, but got them as an early bonus. The cap and trade will add costs to everything and stifle growth. Paying for free college education is his goal. Most scary is his healthcare program, because if you make it free and add 46 million people to a Medicare-type single-payer system, the costs will go through the roof. The only way to control costs is with massive rationing of services.
3. He’s surrounding himself with mostly far-left academic types. No one around him has ever even run a candy store. But they’re going to try and run the auto, financial, banking and other industies. This obviously can’t work in the long run. Obama’s not a socialist; rather he’s a far-left secular progressive bent on nothing short of revolution. He ran as a moderate, but will govern from the hard left. AGAIN, WATCH WHAT HE DOES, NOT WHAT HE SAYS.
4. Obama doesn’t really see himself as president of the United States, but more as ruler over the world. He sees himself above it all, trying to orchestrate and coordinate various countries and their agendas. He sees moral equivalency in all cultures. His apology tour in Germany and England was a prime example of how he sees America as an imperialist nation that has been arrogant, rather than a great noble nation that has at times made errors. This is the first president ever who has chastised our allies and appeased our enemies.
5. He’s now handing out goodies. He hopes that the bill and pain will not come due until after he’s reelected in 2012. He’d like to blame all problems on Bush from the past and hopefully his successor in the future. He has a huge ego and is a narcissist.
6. The current level of spending is irresponsible and outrageous. We’re spending trillions that we don’t have. This could lead to hyper inflation, depression or worse. No country has ever spent themselves into prosperity. The media is giving Obama, Reid and Pelosi a pass because they love their agenda. But eventually the bill will come due and people will realize the huge bailouts didn’t work, nor will the stimulus package. These were trillion dollar payoffs to Obama allies, unions and the Congress to placate the left so he can get support for his agenda.”
I am certain that the vast majority of Americans have no fear yet of this president and the consequences of his political, financial, and verbal ruthlessness, consequences which will cause indescribable disorder in the country. I am still in the minority here. I agree with every assumption made by Charles Krauthammer in these notes taken at this recent meeting at the Center for the American Experiment. Except maybe for one…This graduate student president is indeed a State Socialist comrade. ghr
Filed under: Barack Obama |